What is Ford SYNC?All Ford Vans ordered by Nor-Cal Vans are ordered with the Ford SYNC system. Ford SYNC is a factory-installed, integrated in-vehicle communications and entertainment system that allows users to make hands-free telephone calls and control music and other functions using voice commands.
The SYNC option has a MSRP of $475 in our Wagons, but because of certain features available with SYNC some funding agencies may reimburse some of this cost for your client. For instance, 100% Service Connected Veterans in receipt of the Automotive Vehicle Grant may be reimbursed up to $259 of this amount because of the 911 Assist feature (the VA refers to it as an In-Vehicle Emergency Response System).
What Ford SYNC can do for YouFord SYNC has a lot to offer, including these hands-free features that are very useful for the wheelchair user/driver:
- Voice-controlled phone- Just say a name to make a call.
- Uninterrupted connections - Instantly transfers your call to SYNC the moment you start your car.
- Voice-activated music search - Control what music you listen to by using simple voice commands.
- Turn-by-turn directions - Receive audio voice directions read over your audio system speakers (audio only, no map display unless van has optional 58N Navigation system).
- Send to SYNC - Send directions from Mapquest to your SYNC® system.
911 Assist - The system can call 911 even when you can't.
VEHICLE HEALTH REPORT
Get a personalized online statement of your vehicle's health.
Check out all the features Ford SYNC has to offer.
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012